Do you think it’s time to replace your heating or cooling system?
Did you know that there are some telltale signs to look for that may indicate that it is time to replace your HVAC system? A poorly working heating and cooling system can affect how much you pay month-to-month in utilities. Plus, it can seriously affect home comfort! That’s why it’s important that you recognize the warning signs early. You can head off any issues that could result in an emergency call during the peak seasons.
Here are a couple of things you should look for…
- Vents blowing air that is not the right temperature (cold air in heating mode, warm air in cooling mode).
- A system that is getting increasingly louder.
- Increasing utility expenses (keeping temperature changes in mind).
- Visible signs of damage to your outdoor unit (condenser).
- Your equipment will not shut off.
For cooling systems, you’ll want to consider a replacement (instead of a repair) if it is at or past the 16-year mark. For heating systems, the number of years increases – to about 20 years. Just make sure that if you are experiencing problems, do not attempt to fix the equipment yourself! Heating and cooling equipment is tricky. Even professionals need to continue taking training in order to service equipment properly. ALWAYS turn to your local heating and cooling professional for maintenance, repair and replacements.
Do you think the problem may be a simple fix? Check out our troubleshooting advice.