Don’t let winter catch you unprepared.
Winter will be here before you know it! Is your home ready for the colder temperatures? This fall has been very mild; it may be difficult to think of snowy days and subzero temperatures. BUT, for many areas of the country, meteorologists are predicting an unusually cold winter. Are you sure your home is up to the challenge?
There are some things you should add to your home maintenance to-do list before winter arrives. Take advantage of the semi-warm weather now!
- Clean your gutters.
- Schedule a professional home energy audit.
- Have your ducts cleaned and inspected.
- Adjust your programmable thermostat settings to reflect the season.
- Change your furnace filter (or clean your permanent one).
- Seal any air leaks.
- Invest in weather stripping.
- Clear leaves and debris away from your outdoor equipment.
- Change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clear clutter away from your indoor equipment.
- Rake the leaves in your yard.
- Schedule furnace maintenance with a local HVAC contractor.
What do you have to add to this list? Do you think your home is ready for winter?
[…] These are just a few things you can do to get your home ready for winter. Want more advice? Check out our previous post on getting your home ready for winter. […]