Do you have any goals related to your home comfort for 2017?
Next time you hear from us it will be 2017! Do you have any home heating resolutions for the New Year? I know, I know… it’s not your typical “eat healthy” or “go to the gym” goals that we hear flying around at the beginning of each year. But, having some home heating goals can actually free up some money in your pocket and help you achieve those other, more personal goals.
So, what are you hoping to accomplish in 2017? Here are a couple of things we recommend.
- Replace an old furnace with a newer model.
- Make sure to schedule preventative maintenance.
- Keep equipment free from debris that could restrict airflow.
- Change the furnace filter at least once a month.
- Make sure all registers are open to allow proper airflow and circulation.
- Reduce energy consumption by lowering the temperature the thermostat is set at by a few degrees
- Upgrade to a programmable or Wi-Fi enabled thermostat for improved comfort control.
- Invest in energy-efficient windows to avoid heat loss.
- Add insulation to the attic to prevent heat loss.
- Schedule a duct cleaning with a local contractor to make sure the family has the freshest air possible.
So, tell us your efficiency goals! Are you planning on upgrading? Make sure you take the time to find the right local heating and cooling contractor for the job.