Is it worth making that air conditioner upgrade? You betcha!
How are the temperatures in your area? I know it’s been a real scorcher in the Midwest. And, if you’re trudging through these hotter months with an old air conditioner, you know just how much those cooling bills can sting during these heat waves.
There comes a certain point in the life of an air conditioner when it makes more sense to replace it rather than continue to make repairs. In fact, a new air conditioner offers more than just a comfort upgrade. Air conditioners produced today are significantly more efficient than older models and offer better features. In fact, because heating and cooling costs can comprise up to 60% of your utility expenses during peak seasons, making an efficiency upgrade can be the best way to lower monthly costs.
Here are a couple of the things that can make the HVAC replacement costs worth it:
- Your air conditioner is over 12 years old
- You have to make frequent repairs
- Your utility bills have significantly increased
- You are suffering from hot and cold spots
- Your air conditioner is loud
- Your air conditioner is constantly running
- There is visible damage to either your indoor or outdoor equipment
- Comfort levels have significantly decreased year over year
If one or more of these issues are affecting your summer, it’s time to start researching your options!
The best way to find out if you are ready for an efficiency upgrade is to talk to your local heating and cooling specialist. Not only can they diagnose problems with your existing system, but, if it is time to replace, they can recommend the best efficiency upgrade for your home.
Have you recently replaced an older model with a newer, more efficient model? Aren’t those efficiency savings great?