Need to replace your heating equipment? Look into your heat pump options.
Don’t let where you live stop you from looking into all of your heating options. Efficient heat pumps can more than meet your comfort demands year round – whether you live in the North or the South.
However, there are still some things that you should take into consideration. Your situation is going to be unique when compared to another homeowner’s situation. Here are some questions you should be asking yourself if you are considering a heat pump and not a gas furnace.
– Is gas more expensive than electricity in your area?
– Do you want fuel flexibility?
– Do you find yourself using emergency electric-powered heating methods (space heaters, heat strips, etc.)?
– Do you live in an area with mild/cold springs and falls?
– Does the weather around you fluctuate frequently?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, a heat pump may be the right option for your home. Remember, heat pumps are preferable to other electric heating methods because they operate through the principles of heat transfer and not heat creation – a more cost-effective method of electric heat. Ultimately, you should seek out a recommendation from your local heating and air conditioning contractor.
Do you operate with a heat pump only?