Arm yourself with a duster and a new furnace filter – spring is here!
Dump the heavy coats and break out the light jackets! We spend quite a lot of time indoors during the winter. Perhaps binging on Netflix and ordering take out? Now is the time to open the windows, air out the home and clear the clutter.
Most of the winter debris in our air stopped at the filter. But, it is a good idea to make sure you get the remaining dust and dirt out of your home. We already have spring cleaning on the mind, so we may as well dedicate ourselves to the job.
So, how does spring cleaning help improve indoor air?
- Dusting. The whole concept of breathing in dead skin cells and dirt? Gross…
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, etc. Dirt, allergens, dust… oh my! You name it, your floors could be crawling with it.
- Window washing. Letting in more sunshine can help warm things up. Plus, sunshine helps drive away those winter blues.
So, what are some things to keep in mind…?
- Use natural cleaners as opposed to harsh chemicals. Remember, anything you spritz or spray into the air can make it back into your lungs. Keep it natural.
- Bathe Fido. At this point, your pets are probably shedding their winter coats. A trip to the groomer can help get rid of some of that winter fur before it has time to make it into your indoor air.
Spring is the perfect time for a fresh start! So, pull up those sleeves and get scrubbing! What are your spring cleaning tips?