Time to start on your spring home maintenance checklist!
Springtime is great for getting out and checking things off of your home maintenance to-do list! The weather is better, you’ve shrugged off the winter blues and are looking forward to summer. Start things off on the right foot by not ignoring those things around your home that need attention during this beautiful season.
Summer will be here before you know it! Here are a few things that you should knock off your to-do list before hot summer temperatures roll in.
- Clean ducts for clean indoor air! If you haven’t already, make sure you schedule a duct cleaning appointment with a local specialist. Your ducts can be the home to all sorts of dust, dirt and debris. Since your ductwork is your primary air distribution network, these particles can hop a ride on your air streams and into your living spaces.
- Seal air leaks. Air leaks may primarily be on your mind during the winter. After all, an unexpected, shockingly cold breeze can quickly alert you to the problem. But, air leaks are just as important to seal during the summer. Invest in weather stripping or caulking for those areas of your home that may be the source of air leaks. Air leaks can dramatically raise your utility bills and lower home comfort.
- Time to clean out those gutters. Whether you hire someone to do it or do it yourself, you want to make sure to get all of the debris out of your gutters. Springtime is the rainy reason! Make sure your gutters are in good enough shape to handle the extra downpour.
- Get a tune-up for your lawnmower. April showers doesn’t just bring May flowers – it also bring higher grass. A luscious, fresh-cut lawn looks great. Just make sure your lawnmower is up to the job. A tune-up is going to cost less in the long run than having to replace your lawnmower sooner rather than later.
- And, last but not least…schedule springtime preventative air conditioner maintenance with your local heating and cooling specialist. Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You don’t want to have to schedule an emergency service call during the peak season and suffer without air conditioning when you could have headed-off any problems with preventative maintenance.
What else do you have on your spring maintenance to-do list? Make sure you don’t forget to schedule annual preventative air conditioner maintenance with your local HVAC contractor.