The top five things to keep in mind after you buy a new air conditioner
Have you recently had a new air conditioner installed in your home? Caring for our home heating and cooling system doesn’t stop at installation. Here are some things that you should keep in mind after you’ve had your brand new air conditioner installed.
- Note changes in efficiency. This isn’t something you necessarily HAVE to do, but it can be interesting to see just how much better your new system is at cooling your home. Savings with a new system can be staggering – there’s nothing better than seeing those savings to make you feel good about your new investment.
- Filter changes. Keep your indoor air quality fresh by regularly changing your furnace filter. The frequency of these changes depends a lot on your home (for example: a home with pets may need more frequent filter changes), but a good rule of thumb is to change your filter each season.
- Proper airflow. Fall will be here before you know it. Make your new air conditioner’s job easier by ensuring proper air flow – rake those leaves away if they are piling around your condenser.
- Maintenance. Even a newer heating and cooling system can benefit from routine maintenance. This can be scheduled with your local heating and cooling contractor – with air conditioner / heat pump maintenance in the spring and gas furnace maintenance in the fall.
- Registration. In order to receive full warranty coverage, most manufacturers require that your equipment is registered. So, whether it’s your job or the contractor’s job – make sure your equipment is registered!
To reap all of the benefits of a new cooling system, it’s important to give it routine attention. This way you can enjoy the best efficiency and ultimate comfort.
If you have a new air conditioner, tell me, what’s your favorite thing about it?