Even your air conditioner needs a check up!
Getting your air conditioner up to snuff before summer temperatures ramp up is important! You don’t want to turn on your air conditioner and realize it isn’t working. Here are some things that you should do before the start of the summer cooling season:
- Duct cleaning. Hire someone to come out and clean your ductwork – this isn’t going to be something you can do on your own. You never know what could be lurking in your ducts. Ever look into a neglected floor register? Yikes!
- Furnace filter. While you should be changing your furnace filter often (for some homes even once a month), now is a good time to start fresh. Especially with allergy season in full swing.
- Battery changes. Change the batteries in your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. If these things aren’t working, you and your family could be in harm’s way.
- Clear clutter. Venture into the yard and clear the debris away from your air conditioner or heat pump. Restricted airflow means decreased efficiency.
- Preventative maintenance. Catch minor problems before they become major issues when you need your air conditioning most. Spring is the ideal time to schedule cooling system preventative maintenance.
Remember to schedule those appointments with your contractor soon! Summer is around the corner, and you don’t want to encounter a malfunctioning air conditioner.
What are some things you do with your air conditioner to get it ready for cooling season?