Five smart tips for buying an air conditioner
Make sure you go into the air conditioner buying experience prepared. This will make the process of finding a contractor, finding a system and getting that system installed so much easier. Here are some smart air conditioner buying tips to get you started on the right foot.
- Get several quotes. You want to make sure that your air conditioner is the right one for your home and that the contractor you choose is going to get the job done right. A good way to do this is to get several quotes from reputable contractors in your area and compare. Don’t just go with the contractor who quotes you at the lowest price…
- Hire a quality HVAC contractor. The performance of your heating and cooling equipment is going to be heavily tied to the quality of the installation preformed. So, make sure you take the time to find the right professional near you – get recommendations, read online reviews and make sure they seem like they aren’t cutting corners when determining the quote for your system.
- Invest in the most efficient system for your budget. Efficiency is gong to heavily impact the amount of money you spend each month on heating and cooling. That is why it is important to invest in the most efficient system you can afford. Trust us when we say that it is not an investment you will regret.
- Make sure you are getting the right system for a home in your area. In some areas of the country, a heat pump or a packaged system may be the right choice (as opposed to a split-system air conditioner). Your best resource for this information? Your local heating and cooling contractor. They will know what typically goes into a home in your area.
- Ask your contractor about proper equipment registration protocol. Last, but certainly not least, make sure that whoever is responsible for registering your equipment does so – whether that is you or your contractor. Although your equipment most likely comes with an out-of-the-box warranty, it is not going to be as long as the warranty for equipment that is registered.
Need more information to help you buy an air conditioner? Make sure you get in touch with your local heating and air conditioning contractor.